School is finally out! Yay! Don’t get bored, follow your true north to the library. Check out the post above for all the info on how to interact w/this blog to earn badges & books. Did you know all you have to do is sign up to get your first badge? Or that saying “hey” to your local librarian is also a worth a badge? That’s well on your way to a free prize!
Also, attending programs is “badge-worthy.” Many of our locations are offering amazing programs throughout the summer…we’ll have a weekly highlight post of stuff for teens here, but don’t forget to check out your local library’s home page (like Northgate) for all programs! Check ’em out and see you soon!
Saturday, June 15th (today!)
- Comics & Characters @ Green Lake. 2 – 3:30pm. Calling all artists! A professional cartoonist shares strategies to help you create a character and complete a short comic. No prior drawing experience needed. For tweens & teens. Registration is required.
- Dancing about Architecture @ Central. 4 – 5pm. Follow the Sapience Dance Collective around the Central Library as they interpret the building’s dynamic architectural space through the medium of modern dance.
Monday, June 17th
- Duct Tape Mania @ Delridge. 2 – 4pm. Duct tape: maybe you’re new to it, or maybe it’s an old friend — either way, this program is for you! We supply the tape and instructions, and you supply the creativity. For ages 12-18.
- Button Making @ Northgate. 2 – 4pm. Learn how to make buttons. Bring your own hand drawn design, magazine cut outs or a small piece of artwork. All supplies provided, just bring your creativity. For kids, tweens and teens.
Tuesday, June 18th
- Game On! @ NewHolly. 5 – 7pm. Come to the Library for board games, Kinect, Wii play and Mario Kart! For tweens and teens.
Wednesday, June 19th
- Game On! @ South Park. 2 – 4pm. Come to the Library for Xbox Kinect, Wii and snacks! For tweens and teens.
- Summer Teen Space @ Douglass-Truth. 4 – 5:30pm. Need a space to be creative & have fun? Come to Teen Space! It’s a time set aside just for teens to meet up and hang out. Join us this summer for weekly fun with books, games, snacks and prizes. For ages 12-18.
- Summer Reading Kick-Off Party @ Lake City. 5 – 7pm. Discover great books to read this summer and have fun with other kids and their families! For all ages.