- Summer Teen Space @ Douglass-Truth 4 – 5:30. Need space to be creative & have fun? Come to Teen Space! It’s a time set aside just for teens to meet up and hang out. Join us this summer for weekly fun with books, games, snacks and prizes. For ages 12-18.
- Africian Heartbeat: Intro to Drumming @ Broadview 6 – 7:30. Learn to play traditional drums from Guinea, West Africa, with local teaching artist Abdoulaye Sylla. For tweens and teens.
Thursday, June 27, 2013
- Make a Button @ Greenwood 2 – 3:30. Learn how to make buttons. Bring your own hand drawn design, magazine cut outs or a small piece of artwork. All supplies provided, just bring your creativity. For tweens and teens.
Saturday, June 29, 2013
- Beginning Your Family History Research @ Central 10 am – 12 pm. Interested in finding out who your ancestors were and what they did? Learn how to use Seattle-area resources to discover your history. Registration is required.
- Detective Cookie’s Urban Youth Chess Club @ Rainier Beach 12 – 2 pm. Children and teens, ages 5-18, are invited to join the group. Family and community members are also welcome. Drop by to learn and play chess!
- Game On! @ Rainier Beach 3 – 5 pm. Come hang out at the Library for an afternoon of gaming with open Kinect and Wii play. For tweens and teens.
Sunday, June 30, 2013
- Books on Bikes at Seattle Pride Parade and Seattle PrideFest @ non-library location 11 am – 5 pm. Members of The Seattle Public Library’s Books on Bikes team will be in the Seattle Pride Parade and at Pride Fest as a full service library.
- South Park Rocks! Alma y Azúcar @ South Park 2 – 3 pm. Experience a passionate selection of Latin styles and musical flavors with Alma y Azúcar!