It seems that every year, Spring Break comes around and I am once again left in rainy Seattle while everyone and their dog heads off to some sunny vacation resort. If you are in the same boat as me, fear not! The Library is offering a wide range of activities during the week of Spring Break (April 14th – 18th) so that you don’t have to spend your week off gloomily clicking through photo albums from the Bahamas on your friends’ Facebook walls. Here are some of the highlights of the 2014 Spring Break activities.
1. Craft Extravaganza – This is a fun all-ages event where you will be making crafty artwork out of recyclable material and other rubble. Bring the family and invoke your creative juices over break!
2. Lego Mania! Spring Break Edition – Come in and enjoy unrestricted free play with Legos! This event has been a smashing hit, and you don’t want to miss out on the experience. Throughout Spring Break, Lego Mania will be at a variety of locations. The calendar of events is a great way to find out when Lego Mania will be coming to a branch near you!
3. Family and Teen Movie Events – Movie days at the Library! Bring your own pillows and enjoy some popcorn at Northgate and University. The Spring Break line-up includes Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, The Book Thief, and Ender’s Game.
4. Teen Space – If you’re between 12 and 18 years old, come to a Teen Space event at the library to eat snacks, listen to music, and hang out with other teens. Each event has a different additional activity as well. Here’s what’s happening during Spring Break:
–Game On! Have fun and play games on Xbox and Wii.
–Duct Tape Mania Make anything you want out of the world’s most useful invention.
–Minecraft IRL Explore all kinds of Minecraft-themed activities and crafts.
–Maker Space Learn how to make cool music mixes using Audacity.
5. Tween Hangouts – Celebrate spring break with games, snacks, and other fun activities. Tween Hangouts are for 5th – 8th graders. This is a great excuse to get out of the house during your week off. Events will be on Monday, April 14th and Friday, April 18th at Broadview.
If you want more information on what you can do at the Library during Spring Break, you are in luck! As always, the Calendar of Events will keep you updated on what is happening at all times.
–Hannah, 16, Greenwood Teen Blogger