- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Hey film buffs! Come see some of the best of NFFTY, the National Film Festival For Talented Youth, THIS SATURDAY, September 27, at 2 p.m. at Central Library. That’s right–the one with the giant movie screen.
All of the films feature music. Some of the young filmmakers will be available for Q & A after the screening. Don’t miss it!
GIVEBIG ON MAY 6 AND WATCH YOUR GIFT GROW
GiveBIG is a one-day, online charitable giving event, inspiring people to give generously to the nonprofit organizations (like Seattle Public Library!!) that make our region a healthier and more vital place to live.
Each donation up to $5,000 per donor, per organization, made to the 1,600 nonprofit organizations profiled on The Seattle Foundation’s website between midnight and midnight Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 6, 2014, will receive a prorated portion of The Seattle Foundation’s matching funds, or “stretch pool.” The amount of the “stretch” depends on how much is raised in total donations on GiveBIG day. As long as you have access to the web and a credit card, you can participate!
You can also narrow your search to organizations that are geared to, staffed by, or serving teens… Nonprofit orgs 4 teens. This list includes many organizations near ‘n dear to our library ❤ including (but not limited to):
- Teen Feed
- The Vera Project
- Teen Tix
- Richard Hugo House
- The Talented Youth (NFFTY)
- Team Read
- Pongo Publishing